Office of the Bishop Initiatives
The Office of the Bishop has a staff of 17 full-time and part-time staff who support congregations in a variety of functions. The Bishop is assisted by a Canon to the Ordinary and a Chancellor. Other functions on the staff include faith formation, ministry to children and youth, Latino ministry, transition ministry and congregational development, outreach and social justice, in addition to administration, finance, and communications.
Key Initiatives & Programs
The Office for Faith Formation provides resources and implements ministries and programs that effectively equip church leaders for the work of evangelism, faith formation, and discipleship for people of all ages.
- Coordination of programming for Cathedral Ridge including:
- Colorado Youth Leadership Initiative
- Quest Youth Retreats
- Faith Formation Website & Resources
- Innovative formation opportunities for all ages: children's ministry, inter-generational retreats, hybrid learning, re-envisioned catechumenate for our unique diocesan setting
- Clergy Conference
- Annual Convention workshops
- Consultations with congregations
The Office for Transition Ministry oversees all clergy deployment to ensure a faithful, consistent, and successful process of calling clergy in the diocese. As an integral component of that work, the Missioner for Transition Ministry & Congregational Development works to equip clergy, wardens, vestries, bishop’s committees, and other lay leaders with the skills and resources needed to lead, cultivate, and grow dynamic congregations that are rooted and grounded in God’s mission.
- Church Development Institute
- Empowered Leadership Workshops
- Retreats for Church Leadership
- Vestry Consultations
Outreach & Mission
The Office for Outreach & Mission encourages and facilitates parishes and individuals following their call from God to be more involved in outreach and mission, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Parish visits
- Congregation presentations
- Assistance encouraging and organizing outreach and mission ministries
Advocacy & Social Justice
The Office for Advocacy & Social Justice partners with faith communities, ministries, and individuals ready and willing to use their faith to address systemic issues in our society through community organizing, advocacy, and informed action.
- Jubilee Ministries
- Setting policy priorities for the legislative session
- Lobbying at civic offices
- Networking on behalf of The Episcopal Church in Colorado with other community partners
- Race Task Force
The Communications Department exists to constantly monitor and strategize in the communication arena so that The Episcopal Church in Colorado is effectively communicating our ministries, events, news, and pertinent information to our respective communities with excellence.
- Caffeinated Church Conference
- Parish consultations and support in branding, communication strategy, and website design
- Website maintenance for EpiscopalColorado.org, Faith.Episcopal.co, CathedralRidge.org
- Colorado Episcopalian quarterly magazine
- Diocesan Digest weekly eNewsletter
- Coordinating media relations and crisis communications
Latino mission Development
The Office of the Bishop has partnered with the ELCA Synod for the provision of two full-time Latino Mission Developers to serve and expand the mission of the Church in Colorado in building up congregations and providing leadership development.
- Latino/Hispanic Ministries
- Leadership Development & Network Building
- Empowering Leaders in Latino Ministry
Canon to the Ordinary
The Canon to the Ordinary is primarily responsible for the pastoral care and support of the clergy and lay leaders of the diocese, including supervising and supporting the daily operation and management of the Office of the Bishop.
- Pastoral Care & Support
- Chief of Staff of the Office of the Bishop
- Property Issues
- Discernment process for both lay and ordained ministry
- Health Insurance
The Office of the Bishop also provides significant programming and operational support for Cathedral Ridge, financial and administrative support for Colorado Episcopal Service Corps, and support for the Colorado Episcopal Foundation.